Friday, February 11, 2011

Wayne has Always Been my Biggest Influence

I'm mean muggin' like Lil Mama on Jay's Set.

May the Lord protect me as the world gets hectic.

Flow tighter than a d*** in the butt.

"I don't think intimidated is the word. I definitely get excited by it. I don't want to let anybody down. I've always been the type of person to make everybody happy and get things done. I want everything to be 100 percent perfect. I do feel it when people hold me to high expectations."
- Nicki Minaj To Vibe Magazine

"I have a song I wrote called “Autobiography.” I came from a very intense living situation, with having a parent on drugs and not having a lot of money. So I always want to talk about the real things. But I think 90 percent of my music, I want it to be ‘feel-good music'. I'm already recording tracks for my album, but when it comes time to actually say, ‘this is the album,' I may be in a completely different space than I'm in right now."
Nicki Minaj To Vibe Magazine

"Wayne has always been my biggest influence. It's weird because I sit down and talk to Wayne like he's just a regular human being, and then I walk on stage with him and there's 20,000 people screaming for him. I think it puts it into perspective for me like, Wait a minute, this is actually attainable. I could have this; I just need to focus and remember that my grind is just beginning. I always say that that's what I learned from Wayne the most; he never stops grinding. It showed me, Yo, this dude is the truth, and I'm going to follow in his footsteps."
- Nicki To Vibe Magazine

(On being a female artist) "No, I think I'm bringing something that's fresh and I think people are already paying attention. It's funny because I only did one mixtape so far and I'm getting attention like I did ten mixtapes. I don't think I'll have a problem once people realize that I'm really spittin' and it's not just about sex appeal. I don't think it's gonna be a problem."
- Nicki Minaj

"Before I got signed, I was doing a lot of DVD's, and a lot of freestyles."
- Nicki Minaj

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Nicki Minaj Quotes